This is an interesting article of Cyprus Times, originally published in Greek and which we present it in English, showing Limassol through the ages, showing same locations how they were once captured through the black and white film, compared with what we see today.
1. The famous pier, a landmark next to the old harbor.
2. Another pier, next to "Enaerios" area where the cafes are located.
3. The district administration building, Anexartisias street.
4. Enaerios area.
5. The "GSO" stadium area.
6. Ifigenias street, close to the Town Hall.
7. The old castle area, next to the old harbor.
8. Another corner around the old castle.
9. The old harbor, which is now Limassol Marina.
10. Another landmark, the famous "Molos" area for pedestrians.
11. The Avenue by the shore.
12. Literally, the symbol of Limassol, the old water reservoir, next to the central police station.
13. The famous "Platia Iroon" or Heroes' Square.
14. The legendary Rialto, located in the same area.
15. The "Lanitio Gymnasium", today found in the center of the city.