Greek is the main language of communication in the southern region of Cyprus, and Turkish is the northern language. English is widely used, but over the past few years, the tourism industry has also spoken Russian well.
Cyprus National Holidays
The days listed below are days off in the Republic of Cyprus. On national holidays, all public services, private enterprises, banks and shops are closed, although many shops and certain companies operate on the coast.
Banks are closed on Easter Tuesday, but open on Easter Eve.
- January 1 - New Year's Day
- January 6 - Epiphanius (Adoration of the 3rd Magi)
- March 25 - Greek Independence Day
- April 1 - Cyprus National Day
- May 1 - Labor Day
- August 15 - Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary
- October 1 - Cyprus Independence Day
- October 28 - Greek National Holiday
- December 25 - Christmas
- December 26 - Boxing Day
- Variable date - Green Monday (50 days before the start of Greek Orthodox Easter)
- Variable Date - Good Friday (Greek Orthodox Church)
- Variable date - Great (Holy) Saturday
- Variable Date - Easter
- Variable Date - Easter Monday (Greek Orthodox Church)
- Variable Date - Easter Tuesday
- Variable Date - Perfume Day